Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

I Have a 1995 honda accord Ex Manual tran. The car will not

Customer Question

I Have a 1995 honda accord Ex Manual tran. The car will not crank some time. It will start when it is cold and will start if I turn it off for 15Min or less. If I let it set for 15Min to 45min it wll not start. If i check the voltage at the small wire on the stater it reads @ 5 - 7 VDC. I have change the Following: Battery, Inition switch assy, Battery cables. Could this be a relay? If so where are the relays located.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I Have a 1995 honda accord Ex Manual tran. The car will not crank some time. It will start when it is cold and will start if I turn it off for 15Min or less. If I let it set for 15Min to 45min it wll not start. If i check the voltage at the small wire on the stater it reads @ 5 - 7 VDC. I have change the Following: Battery, Inition switch assy, Battery cables. Could this be a relay? If so where are the relays located
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics for Honda generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 8 months ago.

Welcome to Just-Answer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man. I have over 31 years experience repairing Honda and Acura vehicles. I may need to ask some questions before I can give an answer. As much detail as possible is greatly appreciated.

Most likely you are correct about the starter cut relay. It's located near the steering column(see image). The relay P/N is: 39797-SE0-003. It's usually a dealer or online only part. I have included a diagram so you can see how the relay works. The clutch pedal switch(see image) is what energizes the relay when the pedal is pressed to the floor.

I will be going offline for a few hours in about 45 min. If you have any questions I will reply as soon as possible.

Your satisfaction and a positive rating is my goal! Please help me by leaving a rating or accept my answer so I may be credited by JustAnswer. You are not charged extra for rating. This is the only way the site will compensate me for my time. All follow-up responses after the rating are free so don't worry you can still come back until you have all of the advice and help you need!

Thank you! ~Honda-Man

Just a friendly reminder to rate or accept my service. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Thank you, Honda-Man