justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified in Brakes, Electrical, HVAC, and Engine Performance. Currently a lead diagnostic Technician.

I have had my battery go dead because of a problem with the

Customer Question

Hi Andrew, I have had my battery go dead because of a problem with the drivers side sliding door not closing properly. The mechanic that I have used for years has been helping me and replaced the door slide rollers as they were worn as he thought that was the problem with the door closing properly. A couple weeks later the battery goes dead again. I bring it to the mechanic and turns out the mechanisms for the drivers side passenger door kept drawing juice from the battery and he replaced all the mechanisms that control the door. Very expensive. The vehicle has been running good for over a month until I opened the drivers side sliding door. It opened and closed fine but when I put the vehicle in reverse a long tone i hear a long tone as if the door was open. I slid the OFF/ON above the buttons inside for opening and closing the sliding doors to OFF and the tone stopped and the vehicle has been fine..until today I went to start the vehicle and the battery is dead.. Very frustrated. I called the shop and they want me to bring it tomorrow but I have dumped a lot of money into this problem. I have had the battery replaced also. It is a 2006 Honda Odyssey. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank Bob
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. I have a question about where this vehicle is parked. Was it by chance parked on an incline?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Justin, the vehicle is parked in the driveway. A very slight incline.
Hi. I've been away from my computer. Sorry for the delay. Do you still need help?