HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

I bought a 98 honda accord and I have tried the lock and

Customer Question

I bought a 98 honda accord and I have tried the lock and unlock and disconnected the negative battery turmoil and unloc
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Honda Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Lock and unlock the car when I bought it the radio was changed in it I bought it a year ago at a used car lol help
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes I don't have a lot of money to get it fixed at a garage
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Lock and unlock and disconnected the negative battery turmoil and then lock and unlock
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Honda Mechanic should know about your Honda?
Customer: The radio was changed in it when I bought it at the used car lot
JA: Our top Honda Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Honda Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Honda Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not the battery it the security system it won't let me start the car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried the lock and unlock and disconnected the negative battery turmoil and then lock and unlock the car when I bought it at the used car lot the radio was changed in it. So I don't have those numbers and I'm just trying to get it fixed
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

When the key is in the ignition do you see a green light flashing that looks like a key?

I would need the serial number off the radio to get you the unlock code for that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No there's no light when you put in the area where it's a like a picture of the car the trunk area and the other three doors flash and I don't have those numbers because the radio was changed when I bought it
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

You do not have a security system issue. if those lights are flashing when you try to start the car that tells me you have a dead battery or low enough on charge to keep the car from starting.

You will need to remove the radio then so you can get the serial number off the label on the radio.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its not a factory stereo it a jvc from like Wal-Mart
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already called a honda dealership that's why I said that up front
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please don't tell me that I just wasted$38
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

You didn't say it was an aftermarket radio. Do you know what model radio?

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

Try this:

On the unit, press the

STOP

button and the

CD EJECT

button at the same time. The screen will say locked still. Release them and press them together

again

at the same time. The screen will now read unlocked. You can then eject the CD.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nope none of it worked
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

Were you able to find a model number on it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On what? The stereo
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

yes on the stereo. I can try and find a way to unlock it from the model number.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What's that got to do with the car not starting the stereo still works it's the car that don't
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

Well you brought up the locked stereo. Did you try jump starting the car yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just did and that didn't work either. It'll crank but won't fire up ( but that's what it's been doing that why I figured it was the security system)
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

Ok, let's start with a simple check. Turn the key on and let me know if you see the check engine light go on.

It should go on and then back off after a few seconds.