Steve, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  13+ years with Honda,ase certified over 25 years

The battery in my key fob is dead and has been months. Went

Customer Question

The battery in my key fob is dead and has been for several months. Went to get in the car last evening and some way ( have no idea what I did) set the alarm to my car off. Can't hit the key fob because it won't work. The horn keeps honking and lights flashing. Entered the car and tried to start the car and perhaps put it in gear so that the car would recognize I have the key and now it won't let me put my car in gear at all. disconnected the battery so not to run my battery down as the lights won't go out and horn won't stop honking. Help
Category: Honda
Expert:  Steve replied 7 months ago.

If you take your key and lock and unlock the door twice it should reset the alarm for you unless the switch attached to the lock cylinder is faulty.

Do this as soon as you hook the battery back up.