Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

My name is ***** *****. my 97 accord's instrument lights do

Customer Question

hi, my name is ***** *****. my 97 accord's instrument lights do not come on when ignition is turned to the on position...check engine,oil,seat belt,brake etc. . i need to smog the car,but need the lights. where do i start?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: car needed water pump.so i changed timing belt,water pump pulleys etc. in doing so i broke 2 brittle wiresloose from the distributor. i replaced that. somewhere along the way i lost the dash lights.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics for Honda generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Test all your fuses for power on both sides with the Ignition switch in the on position. It is possible you may have had a short that blew a fuse. If all test ok check for power and ground to the instrument cluster as the cluster itself could be getting power and ground but possibly could have failed if there was a voltage spike or short when the wires broke loose. Let me know

Hi, Did you get this resolved or still need help?