rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

92 Honda Accord I've cleaned the TPS sensor and idle air

Customer Question

92 Honda Accord I've cleaned the TPS sensor and idle air control valve in the Honda still runs erratically up and down
Category: Honda
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Cleaning may not be enough, they may be bad. Testing need to be done now with a lab scope to know for sure. I can send you graphs if you need them of how they should look.

Thanks, Ron