sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

2015 Honda Accord EX-L with navigation: When CD player is

Customer Question

2015 Honda Accord EX-L with navigation: When CD player is on, left speaker goes off, then HondaLink reboots. This happens several times during a drive. Any ideas?
Category: Honda
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It's possible that you could have a wiring or software issue but there is a good chance the radio is going to need to be replaced to repair this. If only the left speaker is involved and goes off before any other problems it's possible that the speaker circuits could be shorted to power or ground and is taking the radio down, but that isn't very likely.

Has anything been done to try and diagnose the issue?
Are you out of basic warranty?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Already addressed this issue with Honda service. Tech said it was an issue with having an iPhone in the car, even with Bluetooth turned off. He said to go to Apple Store for a software fix. Apple's only suggestion was to install the HondaLink app on my phone. That didn't help. I am still in warranty. Is it likely that a radio/CD player problem would cause the Nav system to reboot?

Does the problem only actually happen with the phone in the car? It happens reliably with the phone in the car but will not if you don't carry the phone?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'll have to check that out since I always have the phone with me!

Let me know what you find!