Fixitman, Technician /Advisor
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Auto/Diesel Technology,

Apparent reason, I cannot turn off the interior dome lights

Customer Question

Hi Pearl,
JA: How can we be of help?
Customer: For no apparent reason, I cannot turn off the interior dome lights on my 2012 Pilot no matter what I try. Suggestion?
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I went out to the car and noticed that the passenger side dome light was on. Just figured OK and pressed it off.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Hope so. Next, noticed the same thing on the driver's side.
JA: Is there anything else the Honda Mechanic should be aware of about your Honda?
Customer: No don't think so, never had a problem like this before.
JA: Our top Honda Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Honda Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Honda Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Fixitman replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. Start by making sure that the dimmer on the left side of the dash is not turned all of the way up. Once you check that and if it is not on then you may have a short in the control switch. If you have a voltage meter I can tell you how to test the circuit.