AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner
77606712

Am using honda accord 99 model, today whie i'm

Customer Question

am using honda accord 99 model
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: today whie i'm driving,malfunction indicator lamp constantly glow..I checkd the gas cap ,found nothing wrong
JA: It's good that it's giving you information about the problem. The Honda Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: tighten the gas cap.. press the reset button..
JA: Is there anything else the Honda Mechanic should be aware of about your Honda?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 8 months ago.

Hello. Have you scanned for codes?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
what is that mean?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
what are codes,where to check it?

If you can, stop by auto zone and they will do this for free.. They will plug a scan tool into your OBDII port and retrieve the code. It will tell us what is wrong and from there we can figure out what needs to be done to fix it

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok..what could be the problem,any idea?what does codes indicate?

there are hundreds of reasons the engine light could be on. I couldn't possibly guess. Once you have the code I can tell you what to address.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok..sure.tomorrow I'll scan the codes and let you know..but how do I follow up with you?

I believe you should have a link in your email that was generated when I replied to you. That link should bring you back to this chat

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ya..i received it..Thank you..

Your welcome. Please let me know when you have the code and we will get it figured out. Have a great night.

How did it go? Were you able to get the code?