HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

Working on 2005 Honda Civic EX Coupe air conditioner. Can't

Working on 2005 Honda Civic EX Coupe air conditioner. Can't get ground to ac clutch relay in underhood fuse box. Local Honda dealer gave a partial schematic. The schematic shows a circuit from the ac control to pin F9 on MCU. The last component before the MCU is the thermal protector on compressor (which is new). The MCU should provide a 12 volt signal from pin E10 to the ECM/PCM on E24. At E24 I get less than 6 volts. I have replace the MCU. What does the MCU need to give me a 12 volt output, and where do I test for it?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Edward replied 8 months ago.

Hello, Eddie here, I'm showing E10 coming from the MCU to the ECM as being a communication (network) type signal. (Refer to this diagram) So It would NOT be 12 volts if that is the case. It would be a digital square wave signal.

If you unplug the A/C pressure switch, and turn on the air and jump it, do you get compressor engagement then? I will include both wiring diagrams. I like to print them out and put them together. Let me know if that sheds any color on it.

Expert:  Edward replied 8 months ago.

It is manual A/C correct? not Automatic climate control?