Edward
Edward, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  I have over 20 years experience in the automotive service industry.
29534642

98 honda accord gurgling sound when I accelerate, When I

Customer Question

jones. 98 honda accord gurgling sound when I accelerate
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When I accelerate, I hear a gurgling noise coming from the front of the car. It seems to go away as I pick up speed.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — GM Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Edward replied 8 months ago.

Hello, Eddie here and I will do my best to help. this gurgling sound is likely coolant cycling through the heater core. The coolant level is probably low, what I would advise, is park the vehicle with the back end facing down, and the front end of the engine on an incline. take off the radiator cap, and fill it full, also fill up the overflow jug to the full mark. crank the engine and let it idle until it warms up. after it warms up, get inside the car and rev it to 1800-2000 rpm's for a few minutes, then turn the engine off, and let it sit till it cools, remove the radiator cap and top off the coolant again. That should purge any air out and get rid of that gurgling sound. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thank you.

Expert:  Edward replied 8 months ago.

Any luck with that? or have you tried it yet? Thank you!