Genchi Genbutsu
Genchi Genbutsu, Technician
Experience:  Toyota Certified Master Diagnostic Technician, ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Engine
17930070

I have a 2007 ex-l the air sometimes blows warm in front and

Customer Question

Hi Scott,
I have a 2007 ex-l the air sometimes blows warm in front and rear, sometimes it's warm only on drivers side...what gives?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening. I will have to ask you a few questions so that I can get a better understanding as to what may be going on with your Odyssey.

Have you made any repairs attempts at this concern yet or had a repair shop look at it yet?

Has the van even been in an accident?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I just purchased this van from original owner, no accidents, excellent service records from dealer....he did say he had the ac charged April 2015

Ok, that helps us. I am suspecting that the reason it was charged is that there was a problem and you may want to check with the original owner to see what it was. The symptoms you are describing is classic symptoms of the system being low on charge. If you top the system off then it will cool normally but you may have a leak that needs detected.

does this make sense?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Definitely makes sense, I thought however, front and rear ac were separate....
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Are leaks fairly easy to detect and inexpensive to repair?

Yes, leaks can be inexpensive but it will have to be pinpointed first. As for the front/rear separation, they are separate in that they use different lines and expansion valves but they use the same compressor so everything is connected.

Please take the time to rate my help (1-5 stars) and know that I strive to give Excellent Service! and it helps me.