Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I just replaced my cylinder head and put a new head gasket

Customer Question

I just replaced my cylinder head and put a new head gasket on also. But as soon as i add water to the radiator it leaks out between the head and block by the exhaust manifold. So i tor
JA: Leaks can get messy. The Honda Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: So i took it apart and took it down to a machine shop to see if it was cracked or whatever and the machinist said it already had a great resurfacing job done on it that it was ok. Next i checked the block to see if it was warped and it wasnt then put gasket sealent on the block the also on the gasket then put it back together and it still leaked.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes if i can
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: New gaskets, took it to machine shop, checked for warpage, added gasket sealer.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Honda Mechanic should know about your Honda?
Customer: Not that i can think of
JA: Our top Honda Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Honda Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Honda Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Most engine to head surfaces use dowel pins.Make sure these dowel pins/guides are clean and line up properly and seat properly in the head and block.This will cause this here for sure.If these are all found to be o.k. make sure your using new cylinder head bolts as some head gasket replacements or head replacements require new bolts as the bolts can be a stretch bolt that can only be torqued down once.If all of these are found to be o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete