George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ years
13574682

My hazard lights seem to be turning themselves by

Customer Question

My hazard lights seem to be turning themselves by themselves. What can be wrong?
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: At least twice after I have left my car the hazard lights were later flashing when I went back on. I don't believe I turned them on cause each time I left they were off. I am not sure what is going on.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If it is possible. Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing I have been trying to research what could be wrong before I get into the problem.
JA: Is there anything else the Honda Mechanic should be aware of about your Honda?
Customer: When I am driving on occasion there is a weird sound. It sounds like metal scraping metal. It comes and goes.
JA: My old Jeep sounds like a steam radiator sometimes. It must be old age. The Honda Mechanic will know what your noise means and what to do about it. Our top Honda Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Honda Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Honda Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Honda
Expert:  George H. replied 8 months ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

What is the make, model, year and engine size of your vehicle?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Honda Civic 2011. I don't know the size of the engine

Cycle the hazard switch a few times and see if it goes out. The switch tells the body computer you want to run the lights so if the switch is hanging up the computer will flash the lights.

If you have an alarm system it may be telling the body computer to flash the lights.

If cycling the switch and you have no aftermarket alarm then the problem is in the body computer.

Please let me know how I can help

Thank you