HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

Immobilizer key light coming on and cutting out the engine,

Customer Question

hi immobilizer green key light coming on and cutting out the engine, any ideas ? thanks
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: driving and all of a sudden it looses power, engine cuts out, green keyfob flashes on dash, wont start again untill it goes out, have heard they are notorious for this, i thought the battery was dud, fitted a new one today but still cut out 3 times on way home !
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Honda Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: i would like to bypass immobilizer altogether, but might have to take it to auto electrician !
JA: Is there anything else the Honda Mechanic should be aware of about your Honda?
Customer: its a great wee car except for the problem thanks
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Can you please tell me what year, make, and model this vehicle is? That information is not in the description. Thanks!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Honda accord 2.0 vtec se 2001