Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

Most likely reason 2004honda act accord won't shift out of

Customer Question

Most likely reason 2004honda act accord won't shift out of park
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 8 months ago.

Welcome to Just-Answer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man. I have over 31 years experience repairing Honda and Acura vehicles. I may need to ask some questions before I can give an answer. As much detail as possible is greatly appreciated.

The brake light switch needs to send a signal to the shift lock or interlock control unit before the solenoid will release the shift lever. Check the brake light switch and fuse(under hood #13 20 amp) first. See if the brake lights come on. The horn is on the same fuse as the brake lights. Usually replacing the brake light switch will solve your problem if the fuse is OK.

Your satisfaction and a positive rating is my goal! Please help me by leaving a rating or accept my answer so I may be credited by JustAnswer. You are not charged extra for rating. This is the only way the site will compensate me for my time. All follow-up responses after the rating are free so don't worry you can still come back until you have all of the advice and help you need!

Thank you! ~Honda-Man