HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

2002 Honda CRV. Changed timing chain, car ran fine. Suddenly

Customer Question

2002 Honda CRV. Changed timing chain, car ran fine. Suddenly it stopped and now there is no spark
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The car overheated just before it quit, low coolant. Coolant restored, car turn over but no ignition, no spark. Plugs are wet.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics for Honda generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to Just-Answer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man. I have over 31 years experience repairing Honda and Acura vehicles. I may need to ask some questions before I can give an answer. As much detail as possible is greatly appreciated.

So it was OK until it overheated then no spark? Is the check engine light(CEL) on? Any codes?

Thanks, Honda-Man