justinsbg
justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified in Brakes, Electrical, HVAC, and Engine Performance. Currently a lead diagnostic Technician.
27674784

Need to replace rear sway bar bushings on 2004 Honda pilot.

Customer Question

need to replace rear sway bar bushings on 2004 Honda pilot. Ant ideas on how to do that? looks impossible
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: They are worn and making noise when I hit a bump. I replaced the front once already, but the rear once are mounted above the rear sub frame. Hoping to get theme done myself
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Honda Mechanic should know about your Honda?
Customer: No Just an AWD 04 Pilot
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Do you notice the noise more at slower speeds over small bumps in the road?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid Just Answer.

I would first replace the sway bar links before the bushings. I have replaced many more sets of sway bar links than bushings. This is the most common failure when it comes to this type of noise. I will include a picture of the links as well as a link to view the part, part number, and pricing. If you need more information about this just let me know. Thanks!

Please go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there aren't additional charges for posting to this thread after you rate so we can keep chatting.

Parts will be #8 and #9 on the parts list.

http://www.hondapartsnow.com/parts-list/2004-honda-pilot-5dr_ex-ka-5at/rear-stabilizer-rear-lower-arm.html

Hi. Remember to rate me positively so I get credited. If you need more information just ask. Thanks.