Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

Honda-Man. My wife said it makes more knows turning

Customer Question

Honda-Man.
My wife said it makes more knows turning left..not right. could it be the inner part for the new axle joint?
Ive got to go. but I watch for your email.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 11 months ago.

Most likely it's the outer CV joint making the noise. Left or right the outer joint turns with the wheel. When they are bad turning puts more of a load on the joint. The only other slight possibility is a bad wheel bearing. I doubt it's the bearing because it started after you replaced the axle. When the axle is replaced rotate the brake rotor hub by hand to see if it's noisy. Do this when the axle is removed. Just grab the wheel lug nut studs and give it a spin. If it feels and sounds OK the wheel bearing should be OK.

Thanks again, Honda-Man