HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

My Honda CR-V Won't start - it clicked second this morning -

Customer Question

My Honda CR-V Won't start - it clicked for a second this morning - I think i flooded the engine.
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Is the engine spinning over when you turn the key to start, or does it do nothing?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
what do you mean by spinning over
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The lights work - everything works I think it is spinning

When you turn the key to start does the engine make any noise like it's trying to start? Or, do you hear a single click when you turn the key?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's like a clicking noise

Is it a repetitive fast clicking or is it just a single click?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Like a repetitive fast clicking - like it's trying to spark but it's not catching - I just got a new starter so it's not the starter

MM. I'm a little confused now. Is the fast clicking coming from inside the vehicle or outside?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Inside the vehicle - it's like it's trying to spark but it's not catching

Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid just Answer.

Typically when there is this type of clicking noise from inside the vehicle when trying to start it means the battery is too weak to provide adequate starting voltage. Other systems may work, but the amount of amps required to start the vehicle aren't there. I would try jump starting the engine. If it starts with a jump then you know the battery is weak and either needs to be charged or replaced.

You can go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there aren't additional charges for posting to this thread after you rate so we can keep chatting. Thanks!