Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

I'm about to make A6 hour drive and the dash board light

Customer Question

I'm about to make A6 hour drive and the dash board light with the triangle and exclamation point came on
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The car seems to be driving fine. Just the light came on on. I'm on the highway
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing hahaha! What does this mean?
JA: Is there anything else the Honda Mechanic should be aware of about your Honda?
Customer: I just had an oil change earlier this week and a tire rotation
JA: Our top Honda Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Honda Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Honda Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 8 months ago.

Welcome to Just-Answer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man. I have over 31 years experience repairing Honda and Acura vehicles. I may need to ask some questions before I can give an answer. As much detail as possible is greatly appreciated.

The warning light is for the VSA system or vehicle stability assist. It's the anti-lock brake and traction control system.

Can I please have the year and model of your Honda? There may be a service bulletin about your VSA warning light. Are the road conditions slippery?

Thank you, Honda-Man

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
2009 Honda Odyssey exl. Roads are dry

Thank you please give me a few min to look for any bulletins or related information.

Has there been any work done recently?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Oil change and tire rotation done this last week

Thanks again. Is the low tire pressure light on(TPMS)?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yup

Original wheels or do you have a winter set installed?

OK, If the VSA system see's that the low tire light is on it will turn on the indicator light. Low tire(s) can compromise the anti-lock braking and traction controls ability to perform properly. I would correct the tire pressure problem and give it a good test drive before you leave on your trip. Be best anyway to drive with the tires properly inflated.

It can of course come on for different reasons. Since you are not experiencing any problems besides the light being on It's probably because of the tire pressure. After correcting the tire pressure it can take a while for the system to reset and be back to normal. If you want to make sure someone with a scan tool needs to read the code(s).

Your satisfaction and a positive rating is my goal! Please help me by leaving a rating or accept my answer so I may be credited by JustAnswer. You are not charged extra for rating. This is the only way the site will compensate me for my time. All follow-up responses after the rating are free so don't worry you can still come back until you have all of the advice and help you need!

Thank you! ~Honda-Man

Just a friendly reminder to rate or accept my service. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Thank you, Honda-Man