Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

I have a 2003 Honda Accord ex 4 cylinder blows hot air on

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Honda Accord ex 4 cylinder blows hot air on the driver side air conditioning but cold air on the passenger please help I was told it was a bad actuator
Category: Honda
Expert:  Jared D replied 11 months ago.

It definitely sounds like a bad blend door actuator. Do you need a diagram showing how to replace it?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Yes please send me the diagram. I also need to know which actuator to change out as I can see three different ones underneath the passenger side and one on underneath the driver side.

Expert:  Jared D replied 11 months ago.

It depends on what setting you have the HVAC on. When it blows warm on the driver's side and cold on the passenger side, do you have it set to AC or heat?

Expert:  Jared D replied 11 months ago.

Also, is your accord 2 door or 4 door?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Yes the AC is running on both driver and passenger sides. I made sure of that.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

It is 4 door

Expert:  Jared D replied 11 months ago.

Here is the diagram that shows both actuators. The one that is likely malfunctioning is the driver's side door on the left of the center console.

However, this condition is most likely caused by an over oiled, undecharged, or faulty AC system.

The system capacity sticker on the 4 door sometimes says 17-19oz of refrigerant. It's not correct- it takes about 1.7lbs (27oz) to get this system to work correctly.

I would make sure the system is fully charged before changing the actuator.

Expert:  Jared D replied 11 months ago.

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Disclaimer:

Thank you for the opportunity. I love helping people fix their cars and saving them money. Please keep in mind that most problems will require some diagnosis to get them sorted out. I will be here to help until you are satisfied.

If you do not plan to rate my response please let me know as soon as possible. As an expert on Just Answer I only get paid for my service here based on positive ratings from you, the customer. If you do not plan to rate, and therefore compensate me for my time, I need to focus my efforts on customers who will.

Also, JustAnswer might send a message asking if you would like to speak via phone for an additional fee. That request is automated and not generated by me. We can communicate however you feel most comfortable.

Expert:  Jared D replied 11 months ago.

I just wanted to check whether you need any additional help.

If you no longer need assistance, please don't forget to rate.