Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Honda Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Honda Diagnostics
18617752

Appears to be an ODS sensor. Looking part cost, Airbag light

Customer Question

Appears to be an ODS sensor. Looking for replacement part cost
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Honda. The Honda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Airbag light stays on. Dealership has already checked codes. thought it might initially be the passenger seat weight detection module but not that according to codes. I was just told it was the ODS sensor unit. Isn't this part of the airbag systems covered by warranty. I don't trust what the dealer is telling em so am trying to verify and want to know what the price of parts.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Possibly if it is just replacement of a sensor which should be plug and go.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Honda Mechanic should know about your Honda?
Customer: No, not really. We purchase the auto from this dealer but no mechanical issues previously. This should be covered under warranty since it is related to the air bag system
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

May I have the year and model of your Honda?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2009 Honda Accord V6
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

Great, thanks!

Ok. On this vehicle, the Occupant Sensor is part of the seat frame, so when faulty, the seat as an assembly will need to be replaced. The seat itself varies in price, but is roughly around $325 (after market) and $830 (Dealer-suggested retail) and the Labor Time Guide calls for 1.6 hours to complete the job. Labor rates vary from shop to shop, so what you pay for labor will effect the bot***** *****ne. For a job of this type, a "fair" labor rate can be anywhere from $85-$125 per hour.

As for this being covered under warranty- unfortunately, I do not have access to that information, as warranties vary so much. You'd need to consult with your warranty company. However, there's a strong chance this may be labeled as a wear-and-tear fail item and might not be covered.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** my inquiry. No problem paying the initial fee for your answers but I'm not interested in the service.
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome! Glad I could be of some help today! Please remember to leave a rating using the rating system at the top of the page! Have a great day!