Fixitman
Fixitman, Technician /Advisor
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Auto/Diesel Technology,
1627031

I have a 07 honda odessey with power rear hatch back, press

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a 07 honda odessey with power rear hatch back , press the button it opens then jars and immediately closes
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics for Honda generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Fixitman replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. Can you tell me if the lift gate beeps at all when this occurs? Have you tried opening it manually to see if it works?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it beeps , if I open manually it wont stay up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you need more info
Expert:  Fixitman replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Most of the time this is due to either a short in the wiring to the lift gate or a failure in the rear gate control module. A computer scan tool that can communicate with this module would need to be used to see if there are any codes stored in it. If you want to check the wiring, it commonly breaks where it enters the lift gate so you can open the wiring loom to check it, and under the rear seats where they latch has a tendency to break also.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this was not very helpful, I guess I will have to take it to the dealer
Expert:  Fixitman replied 1 year ago.

Without a scan tool you would be just replacing parts that you may not need. You can check the wiring though visually to see if there is a problem there. If you did not want to check the wiring I can walk you through some electrical testing if you have a voltage meter and if you want to take the door apart.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is getting late . can I check with you tomorrow
Expert:  Fixitman replied 1 year ago.

That is fine. Let me know tomorrow and when I am back online we can continue if needed. Thank you and have a great rest of your night.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the last time I am telling you to cancel my order, I don.t like the way you run your business making me wait for a long time and then ask for the same information then offer me phone service you don't call but charge me I am going to notify my credit card company and the BBB on the scam you are running ,you better cancel any charges
Expert:  Fixitman replied 1 year ago.

I am not sure why I am getting this response from you now. I thought you were getting back with me today about doing some tests. If you were not happy with the service then all you need to do is contact customer service for a refund. I am sorry but some test require tools that you may have and may require that you go to the dealer, especially with electronic parts such as this. If I can be of further assistance please let me know, otherwise like I mentioned, contact customer service and they can get you taken care of. Have a good night.