rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have a Honda Accord est 56 plate my car won't rev past

Customer Question

I have a Honda Accord est 56 plate my car won't rev past 3000 revs, check light has been on for long time but I'm told it's cause of the fuel sensors on the front of the exhaust
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Honda. The Honda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked oil, tried super unleaded fuel
JA: Is there anything else the Honda Mechanic should be aware of about your Honda?
Customer: Year ago I changed plugs and air filter
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

My recommendation is to attach the scan tool and retrieve the code again, then identify exactly what they are. After that is done, check the circuits and components associated with the codes to test them independently for your best accuracy.

Thanks, Ron