Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech 34 years.
7276279

I have a 2008 Honda Civic GX CNG and it has a random ruff

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Honda Civic GX CNG and it has a random ruff Idle from cold to warm. My friend thinks it is a fuel injector. Do you know the ohm's of the injectors? I did ask Honda if the injectors are the same for gasoline as for CNG and he said no, two different part numbers. I think it is a fuel injector or the Mass Airflow Sensor. Any input?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I have enclosed the injector and the circuit test steps in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it. It would also be useful if you can scan the system and see if there are any fault code setting and post back with them .

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Injector%20circuit%20Mar%203.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No fault codes. I have als o tested the ohm's on the coil over plugs and all are the same ohm's plus or minus 0.4 cold and hot. That's why it makes this harder for me. I wish it had a fault code.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

It dose not sound like a failing coil and or even an injector. Have you checked to make sure there are no vacuum leaks in and around the intake area?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have checked for leaks. I did that first. None. The ruff idle is random cold to warm only. When car has been running for sometime it is smooth idle. Vacuum in manafold is normal.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

I would also run a regular compression test and then do a running compression test on each cylinder to see if perhaps you could have a valve sealing concern.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I feel it in drive only. Not in park. If the a/c is on and in drive, at a light it is bad random ruff. Cold to warm and after I shut off engine and restart after 5 to 10 min.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

I would still run the compression test to at least rule it out. Injector are usually either good or bad. One other thing you may want to do is to have the injectors professionally cleaned in case you dealing with sludge build up on the tips of them which could affect engine performance.