Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin,
Experience:  Technician at Wile Hyundai
92331225

Replaced roller nge on 07 odyssey passenger door. Gets

Customer Question

Replaced roller hinge on 07 odyssey passenger door. Gets within 6 inches of closing and then reopens. I've manipulated the door to ensure level, tried higher, lower, slid hinge forward and back and no luck. Next step is a baseball bat to the freaking window. Swear the cable must be bound even though in the track,
Not caught up. Replaced driver side a few years back wth no problem
Category: Honda
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 9 months ago.

Check the top and bottom track for debris?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no debris top, middle and bottom. I initially put the new bracket on and realized the spring wasn't set properly, so removed, fixed and replaced. Strange thing is that it's a hard stop... Doesn't stutter or pause like the hinge is binding, it just stops hard and reverses, 6 to 8 inches from closing. The prior rollers were worn but even the. I cloud manipulate the hinge from by the rear tire and get it to close. Since replaced, it hits a hard stop and reverses. I forced it close once just to make sure the hinge wasn't completely binding and it shut but the door ajar beep runs constantly until I opened the door. Frustrating... I've loasended the bolts and te-leveled, tried cheating high, low, and sldong the hinge starting point in the track forward and back... Still same thing. In the morning I'll grab heavy duty shop vac and run down rails to make sure there's nothing. I don't see but have ran fingers down all 3 trackea and didn't hit anything.Thx

Hmm, kinda sounds like the cable is binding inside the motor. That may be what is happening, probably worth a check at least.