HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

I have this same issue, 2000 crv, dead battery, took it out,

Customer Question

Hi andrew I have this same issue
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2000 crv, dead battery, took it out, charged it up, when i connected it the first time the horn was sounding constantly so i upulled the fuse for the horn and tried to start it, turning the key in the ignition does nothing though now the horn fuse is back in and still no response i've tried the door lock/unlock sequence described on this site and no luck
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics for Honda generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 9 months ago.

Do you have a key fob? If not and the key lock/unlock in the driver door did not work, try unhooking the battery and having the key in the ignition as far as you can turn it without having the engine crank, then hook up the battery and see if that works.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I do have a fob and it was working immediately before this battery issue but now it is non-responsive. I've also tried reprogramming it and it does not have an effect.Just tried unhooking the battery w/ key in "on" position (II) and nothing.

Try unhooking the hood latch connector

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok I will go now to do this

Ok

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No luck.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I tested the horn and it functions if that helps at all.

Ok, if none of these things worked, the only other option that I can think of is that your immobilizer has lost its programming. The only solution to that is to have the dealer reprogram it to your key. I'll open up the question to other experts, maybe they can help you.

Expert:  justinsbg replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Can you please tell me if the engine spins over when you turn the key to start, or does nothing happen?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Nothing happens when I turn the key to start.

Do the dash lights come on when the ignition switch is turned to the ON position?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No.

So it sounds like battery is dead. Have you tried hooking up a set of jumper cables to it to see if it will jump start? Let me know?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No. Battery is fully charged. All connectors/terminals are tight. The battery was dead then I charged and when I reconnected it the horn sounded constantly. Key and fob were unresponsive so I pulled the horn fuse and started to troubleshoot. Now the fuse is back in, no horn sound or alarm sound but everything is still not responding.