HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

I have a 97 honda accord replaced everything. The car whirls

Customer Question

Hi. I have a 97 honda accord replaced everything. The car whirls but wont start what could else could i be over looking
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have put in a timing belt and its in time new battery starter icm in distributor and replaced the ignition switch and the key wont come out and motor just whirls over
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics for Honda generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also replace rotor distributor cap spark plugs crankshaft position sensor twice the ignition switch is a lock smart ignition lock cylinder?
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just-Answer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man. I have over 31 years experience repairing Honda and Acura vehicles. I would be happy to assist you with your Honda or Acura question!

Did it fail to start after something was done? When you say whirls over does it sound different when it turns over. Like a faster than normal whirling noise? What exactly does the check engine light do?

Thanks, Cliff

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no check engine light and my husband just left of course we have replaced everything
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

No light at all or does it come on for approx 2-3 seconds then go off? Knowing exactly what the check engine light does is a good first step. If you want to wait for your husband to get back to me that's fine, no hurry.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no check engine light and my husband just left of course we have replaced everything we bought it cheap the timing belt was off replaced that its in time
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

So the light does not come on even for a few seconds? When it turns over how does it sound? You mentioned a whirling sound?