Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin,
Experience:  Technician at Wile Hyundai
92331225

An I have an 05 Honda CR-V an I put in a new battery an it

Customer Question

an I have an 05 Honda CR-V an I put in a new battery an it now won't let me start it cause the alarm keeps goin off
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The battery on the car died an I took it out put in an new one an now as I turn on the ignition on the alarm starts goin off an all the lights on the dash start to blink
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics for Honda generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 1 year ago.

If you have a key fob before you get in the vehicle lock and unlock the car with the fob a few times. If that does not work, or you do not have a fob, do the same thing with the key in the driver door. This will disarm the system and should enable you to start the vehicle.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by rating or accepting my answer. This does not cost you any more, it just allows me to be credited for my work. You can always ask follow up questions after rating or accepting. Thank you.