HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

Just changed driver side window motor and regulator. It

Customer Question

Hi. Just changed driver side window motor and regulator. It winds up down and up nicely, but when I pressed AUTO UP it goes up and returns down couple of inches. Manually works ok until I pressed AUTO UP, then it goes down again couple of inches.
Any ideas
Category: Honda
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 9 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** you done the reinitialization procedure, after you installed the new regulator?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hmm, what are we talking about now, Tim?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 9 months ago.

when a new motor and regulator is installed, it has to be initialized, to do this, start with the window in the down position, then press and hold the up button until it reaches the top, and continue holding it for 5 seconds, then push the down button and hold it until its all the way down, and continue holding it fo 5 seconds, then release the button, then turn off the key and back on, and see if the auto work now, can you try this?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry, Tim. I forgot to type ... my name's***** shall I reinitialize the regulator. Bought my 2004 Accord EXec just week ago. I am trying now
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Just tried it and it didn't help. When I press auto up it still goes right to the top and gets down couple of inches, then stop.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 9 months ago.

ok, lets try another procedure, first sit in the driver seat and close the door, , then put the window all the way don, and then open the door, and leave the drivers door open when doing the following procedure,

4. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0). 5. Push down and hold the power window switch. 6. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II). 7. Release the power window switch8. Lower the window all the way down with the power window switch. 9. Pull up and hold the power window switch until the window goes all the way up, then keep holding the switch for 1 second.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Nothing mate. By the way: you asked to open th window and then to open the window again (top of your response and point 7).
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 9 months ago.

all this has to be done within 5 minutes, start with the window in the up position,Tim