Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

How do I unlock my steering wheel on my 2001honda crv key

Customer Question

How do I unlock my steering wheel on my 2001honda crv key won't turn
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Just-Answer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man. I have over 31 years experience repairing Honda and Acura vehicles. I would be happy to assist you with your Honda or Acura question!

Try pulling left and right on the steering wheel while you put rotational pressure on the key. It may take considerable force to free the steering wheel lock so pull back and forth on the steering wheel pretty hard. Sometimes it gets bound up and just needs a little force to get it free. If this fails the ignition lock cylinder will need to be replaced. You can call a mobile locksmith to come to you if you want them to free it up or replace the lock assembly. I have included a Honda article on the subject.

Your satisfaction and a positive rating is my goal! Please help me by leaving a rating using the stars at the top of this page or accept my answer so I may be credited by JustAnswer. You are not charged extra for rating. This is important and the only way the site will compensate me for my time. All follow-up responses after the much appreciated rating are free so don't worry you can still come back until you have the advice and answer you need!

Thank you! ~Honda-Man

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
If I drive a screw driver in the cylinder will it free everything so I can go to work at 5 am? I know it will screw up the cylinder
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
O check on a whole new ignition ors like 300 from auto zone
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My key goes in it fine but it won't turn

Sorry to hear about your situation.

Using a screwdriver probably won't work. They are designed to be tough that way. Try to turn the key and pull really hard on the wheel left and right. Shake it back and forth. You will probably save money if you call a locksmith. O'Reilly has the lock assembly for #200-220