Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin,
Experience:  Technician at Wile Hyundai
92331225

I bought a new discustor and new spark plugs and wires set

Customer Question

Hey I bought a new discustor and new spark plugs and wires set and a new starter and got new fuel pump and new fuel pump relay and oil in my car. But it won't start at all.. the car shop said my timing belt ran out of time
And the p1362 and p1382 no signal.. for 98 honda accord ex 2.3 cylinder
Category: Honda
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 9 months ago.

If the shop said the timing belt has jumped or broken that is why the vehicle will not start. Both of those codes are related to the timing. That is the first thing that you will need to check, and do not crank the vehicle over anymore until you are sure that it is on time. This will require that you remove the top timing cover, and turn the engine over by hand until the large white mark on the crankshaft pulley is lined up with the TDC mark on the lower timing cover. When it is lined up, the camshaft pulley should have the mark UP facing up, and the two groves in the pulley lined up with the top of the cylinder head. If this is not the case, the engine is off time and the timing belt will need to be replaced and the engine set on time. Then you can try to start it and see if there is any internal damage that occurred from the engine jumping off time.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept.