Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

The Issue is the P1399 code in a 2000 Honda accord V6. It

Customer Question

the Issue is the P1399 code in a 2000 Honda accord V6. It also spudders and dies sometimes if you do not pump the gas
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: That sums it up. The code reader says blocked EGR, and valve clearance. But ive read on the internet anything from PCM, Fuel presuure regulator and fuel pump
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics for Honda generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Its seems to have the issue after driving, when its still warm and you try and crank it.
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to Just-Answer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man. I have over 31 years experience repairing Honda and Acura vehicles. I would be happy to assist you with your Honda or Acura question!

Your problem sounds like a bad fuel pressure regulator. remove the vacuum hose when it's hot or prone to acting up. Any fuel or fuel smell in the vacuum hose means the fuel pressure regulator is leaking. The EGR valve can also cause issues if it's not closing at an idle or hanging open. When it's acting up check the EGR valve lift voltage with your scan tool. It should be under 1.25 volts at an idle. if it's above 1.25 volts replace the EGR valve. Last thing can be caused by tight valves. If all else looks good try adjusting the valves.

Your satisfaction and a positive rating is my goal! Please help me by leaving a rating using the stars at the top of this page or accept my answer so I may be credited by JustAnswer. You are not charged extra for rating. This is important and the only way the site will compensate me for my time. All follow-up responses after the much appreciated rating are free so don't worry you can still come back until you have the advice and answer you need!

Thank you! ~Honda-Man