HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

2005 odyssey. my dashboard lights are out. headlights work.

Customer Question

2005 odyssey. my dashboard lights are out. headlights work. entertainment lights and dvd work. the van is running fine.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Honda. The Honda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the vehicle is running fine. the gauges are stuck in position. the dashboard lights are out as well. i'm guessing it is a fuse, but i'm not sure.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: if it just a fuse or something easy like that i can do it myself
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Honda Mechanic should know about your Honda?
Customer: several warning lights came on when the vehicle was started. it was driven for a few miles and then turned off for a couple of hours. when it was restarted, the dash lights and instruments were no longer working.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've not received a response yet. Nothing in email inbox or spam account.
Expert:  HONDASERVICE7791 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I will try to help you with your concern

Entering the self-diagnostic function

Before doing the self-diagnostic function, check the No. 7 (7.5 A) fuse and the No. 21 (7.5 A) fuse in the driver's under-dash fuse/relay box.

1. Push and hold the SELECT (Dash lights brightness control) button.

2. Turn the headlights ON.

3. Turn the ignition switch ON (II).

4. Within 5 sec., turn the headlights OFF (AUTO), then ON and OFF (AUTO) again.

5. Within 5 sec., release the SELECT button, and then push and release the button three times repeatedly.

do you need any additional help concerning your Odyssey?