Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

The security system horn is stuck on my honda fit. It goes

Customer Question

The security system horn is stuck on my honda fit. It goes on every time I start or stop the engine. I can't use the panic button on my key to turn it off because my key is dead. How do I unattached the horn.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just-Answer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man. I have over 31 years experience repairing Honda and Acura vehicles. I would be happy to assist you with your Honda or Acura question!

Try the door lock cylinder to reset the security system. Turn the key to lock with all of the doors and hood closed. Then turn it to unlock. There is a security system switch on the lock cylinder that should reset the alarm.

Your satisfaction and a positive rating is my goal! Please help me by leaving a rating using the stars at the top of this page or accept my answer so I may be credited by JustAnswer. You are not charged extra for rating. This is important and the only way the site will compensate me for my time. All follow-up responses after the much appreciated rating are free so don't worry you can still come back until you have the advice and answer you need!

Thank you! ~Honda-Man

Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.