HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

97 accord with 2.2......timing belt broke,bent valves,fixed

Customer Question

97 accord with 2.2......timing belt broke,bent valves,fixed that and had it running,started hard changed fuel filter, now no spark from coil.Is there a fusible link? Car ran fine until we put on the alternator belt. I know that makes no sense . Hoping to get spark again
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Honda. The Honda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I used to be a Honda tech. 100 years ago when the new 1980 came out
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Honda Mechanic should know about your Honda?
Customer: It was parked for over a year
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just-Answer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man. I have over 31 years experience repairing Honda and Acura vehicles. I would be happy to assist you with your Honda or Acura question!

EX,LX,DX, Etc?

Is the cam turning? Does the rotor spin when you crank it? Just gotta ask before we get to far into troubleshooting. Do you have a volt meter and if so does it have a dwell or duty cycle setting?

Thanks, Cliff