sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Alarm set off on 2003 honda accord and key won't work on

Customer Question

Alarm set off on 2003 honda accord and key won't work on driver door lock and the transmitter on original key broke also, how do you turn off alarm?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Just-Answer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man. I have over 31 years experience repairing Honda and Acura vehicles. I would be happy to assist you with your Honda or Acura question!

Try the passengers side door. Turn to lock then unlock. I believe the trunk lock cylinder will shut it off too.

Thank you, Honda-Man

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Our 2003 honda accord does not have a passenger side outside lock and the trunk lock did not work what else can we try?

Not sure what else to recommend? I will open up the question for the other experts. Please wait for them to reply to you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your help I pray someone can answer my question we took the fuse out for the horn but the flashers are staying on and the security light is still blinking
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok thank you
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Unfortunately the only ways to disarm security are with a functional key fob or turning the key in the door so the disarm switch sends a signal that the door has been unlocked manually.

Does the key go into the lock cylinder in the door but it doesn't turn?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No my door was side swiped and ever since then the key won't go in the lock

The choices are going to be to either repair the door so the key will turn, or purchase and have a fob programmed.