Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

Can ii drive my insight without replacing ima battery
,

Customer Question

can ii drive my insight without replacing ima battery
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Honda Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: engine and ima lights are coming on with only 60,000 milrs
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing except charging engine battery
JA: Is there anything else the Honda Mechanic should be aware of about your Honda?
Customer: original battery was replaced at 80,000 the replacement battery is bad at only 60,000 can the car function with a bad ima battery
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just-Answer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man. I have over 31 years experience repairing Honda and Acura vehicles. I would be happy to assist you with your Honda or Acura question!

Your Civic Hybrid will function without a good working IMA battery. As long as the regular 12 volt battery stays charged it should be OK. It will of course suffer from reduced mileage and slightly decreased get up and go. I have worked on many Civic hybrids in the shop with the lights on. I have seen the same cars come back for regular service months or years later with the lights still on.

Your satisfaction and a positive rating is my goal! Please help me by leaving a rating using the stars at the top of this page or accept my answer so I may be credited by JustAnswer. You are not charged extra for rating. This is important and the only way the site will compensate me for my time. All follow-up responses after the much appreciated rating are free so don't worry you can still come back until you have the advice and answer you need!

Thank you! ~Honda-Man