Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

My honda '05 accord has recently been having problems

Customer Question

My honda '05 accord has recently been having problems starting. Started with a radio which sometimes worked and sometimes didnt. Then died totally. Dealer replaced the entire fuse box, and the radio and It worked for short while, then same problem of radio sometimes working and then dying, and then car would sometimes not start. Mostly after it had been sitting for a day without use. Dealer replaced battery. Then same problem. Now dealer cant find any problem with battery or alternator and it necer has the problem when i take the car in, so the service people cant fix what they cant experience. Car now totally unreliable as i never know when it will start. After jumping, starts right up and works great and usually the radio comes to life again, and it works for maybe a week or so, but yesterday we jumped it and today again it didnt start. Had to jump it maybe total of 10 -12 times so far. Any suggestions?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** ignition switch is common to fail causing radio to stop working and vehicle to stall. Next time problem happens check to see if fuses 30 and 32 and interior fuse box have voltage with key on, if not replace ignition switch. Ignition switch directly powers these two fuses. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.