HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

I have a 2010 CRV and the anti theft system sets off the

Customer Question

I have a 2010 CRV and the anti theft system sets off the alarm as well as flashing the lamps and headlamps. This happens nearly every night when its parked in my driveway. No wind, and no thieves. I've disconnected the horns to sooth the neighbors but the flashing lamps continue and it runs the battery down. Is there a sensor to be changed or is there some way to disable the anti theft feature?
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Honda Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I'm on the island of Roatan and there isn't a Honda mechanic here. Yes, I'm hoping to fix it myself.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: As i said, I've simply disconnected the horns. That's all.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Honda Mechanic should know about your Honda?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  HONDASERVICE7791 replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I will try my best to help you with your concern.

In the past there have been issues with the hood latch switch causing the alarm to go off seeming by itself.

How often is the problem happening?

you can try to bypass the switch and then the alarm should not go on by itself anymore