Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

The catalytic converter monitor continues to be "not ready"

Customer Question

the catalytic converter monitor continues to be "not ready" for a smog inspection. Since that first notice, I have driven it over 250 miles and I still get the same notice at the emissions test site. The dealership told me 2x once on the phone and another in person to "Drive it more"...I have 2.5 more weeks before the inspection and registration fees are due (California car)
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Honda. The Honda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I don't know. I brought it to the dealer service center where I bought it and that's their only answer.
JA: Is there anything else the Honda Mechanic should be aware of about your Honda?
Customer: 2008 honda fit sport 40k miles on it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Here is the drive cycle that should set the catalyst monitor. I know you've driven it a ton, but sometimes it has to be a very specific cycle to get the monitor to set. If this doesn't work then we can go from there.

ECT- Engine coolant temperature

IAT- intake air temperature

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I'll give it a shot...fingers crossed.
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Let me know how it goes.

Please rate when ready. I'll be here to see you through to resolution.