Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

My 2005 honda accord lx won't start. Battery is OK, but no

Customer Question

My 2005 honda accord lx won't start. Battery is OK, but no crank. I do hear a click.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: not much. car was working fine yesterday. Today it won't start. A couple of days ago, I did smell an "electrical smell"
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics for Honda generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to Just-Answer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man. I have over 31 years experience repairing Honda and Acura vehicles. I would be happy to assist you with your Honda or Acura question!

The single click you hear is classic for a bad starter solenoid. If it clicks once each time you turn the key to start it has a bad solenoid. The electrical contacts are worn out. It's best to replace the starter and solenoid together and is usually close to the same price. I see quite a few starter problems with your generation of Accord. If you want a price please provide me with your VIN.

Your satisfaction and a positive rating is my goal! Please help me by leaving a rating using the stars at the top of this page or accept my answer so I may be credited by JustAnswer. You are not charged extra for rating. This is important and the only way the site will compensate me for my time. All follow-up responses after the much appreciated rating are free so don't worry you can still come back until you have the advice and answer you need!

Thank you! ~Honda-Man