HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

Everything on the radio panel is completely dead. This is a

Customer Question

Everything on the radio panel is completely dead. This is a Honda Odyssey. I've checked the fuses.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Honda. The Honda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: We just got this 07 Honda Odyssey yesterday. The battery needed replacing, so that was done, but the vehicle was probably jump-started several times. We tried out the radio when we test drove the car so it worked then. Now it doesn't. No read-out at all, not even to enter a code.
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Honda Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Would love to be able to.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Honda Mechanic should know about your Honda?
Customer: We just had aftermarket DVD players installed, but that should have nothing to do with the radio and CD player.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. I have a few questions for you. Does the DVD player work? Also, do you have a test light or multimeter that you are testing fuses with? I will probably ask you to check certain things with a test light or multimeter to be sure there is or isn't power available at certain points. Thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Justin,Yes, the DVD player works. I don't have a test light or multimeter, unfortunately. Is that something inexpensive I could get at Autozone or a similar place?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I checked the radio fuse, the acc fuse and the backup fuse, all by taking them out and doing a visual inspection. They were intact.

You can buy a test light at auto zone or a similar place. They are relatively inexpensive. It would be helpful in determining the issue.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Okay. I'll go get one and then I'll let you know when I have it. Is there any time limit to this chat?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Well, the auto place was closed. Guess we'll have to pick this up tomorrow. Happy Valentine's.

You too. Talk soon