HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

My 2003 Honda Pilot center console lid is wavy and I want to

Customer Question

My 2003 Honda Pilot center console lid is wavy and I want to replace it. How do I remove it and is it possible to buy just the lid to replace?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Honda. The Honda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I just bought this Pilot used and I want to make the lid cover on the center console look decent. Right now it is wavy and yucky looking. I thought I would just buy a new lid and replace it.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing. I am trying to research how to do it so I don't screw it up.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Honda Mechanic should know about your Honda?
Customer: It is used and I have only had it a week. So far I am not happy since I am in the process of getting a new ignition put in because the key will not always turn to start it and I have gotten stuck 2 times this week and it took several tries to get it started. Since I am having that fixed at a garage I am hoping to fix the console myself.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just-Answer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man. I have over 31 years experience repairing Honda and Acura vehicles. I would be happy to assist you with your Honda or Acura question!

Can I please have the VIN? it will make looking up the correct part more accurate.

Thank you, Honda-Man