HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

I have a 2004 S2000 Honda. I plugged a tire inflater pump

Customer Question

I have a 2004 S2000 Honda. I plugged a tire inflater pump into the accessory plug and now the radio and plug do not work. Anti theft light on radio still blinks. Replaced both fuses involved per owners manual and still does not work. Suggestions ?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Honda. The Honda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I will try if it is simple. If not I will go to the Honda Dealer
JA: Is there anything else the Honda Mechanic should be aware of about your Honda?
Customer: No, Just it is low mileage and in perfect shape. I am sick over this !!!!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two. I'll let you know when it is your turn.
Category: Honda
Expert:  George H. replied 10 months ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

First check the fuse for the outlet, a compressor draws a lot of current so hopefully you can just replace the fuse and everything will work again.

The fuses you want to check are fuse 9 in the under dash fuse bloc, and fuse 8. The best way to check is to use a 12 volt testlight at the testpoints on the back of the fuse with the key on but often pulling the fuse and looking is an acceptable alternative. You replaced them so do you have a testlight to check them for power?

Click here for fuse location

Let me know about the testlight

Thanks

I needed to add that fuse #3 also controls this circuit

Did you have time to check this?