HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

I have a 99 Honda Odyssey with the driver door stuck shut.

Customer Question

I have a 99 Honda Odyssey with the driver door stuck shut. Not by cold/ice, but stuck. Shoved hard from inside and pulled handle hard from outside (rod came out of handle from outside during this---may be the original cause). Still stuck. I bought an actuator thinking I could remove the panel but when the door is shut it appears to prevent removal of panel. I can't figure out if it is possible to remove the panel without damaging it.
Is it possible to remove the panel? Any ideas on how to get it open and then to fix it? I've looked at Youtube videos and may be able to repair anything once I get it open.
Category: Honda
Expert:  HONDASERVICE7791 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I will try to help you with your concern.

yes you will need to get the door panel off.

yes there is a very good chance you will damage the door panel when removing it.

if you can remove the driver's seat completely out of the vehicle , it will make it a little easier.

once you remove the panel, you will need to see if the latch is stuck or that it is just a rod issue.