Fixitman
Fixitman, Technician /Advisor
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Auto/Diesel Technology,
1627031

Tail lights not working on a 96 Honda Civic...it's not the

Customer Question

Tail lights not working on a 96 Honda Civic...it's not the fuse
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When we turn the light switch on, brake lights work, headlights work, no tail lights?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics for Honda generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Fixitman replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** for the question. This is typically caused by a bad light switch. When this fails internally then this can occur. The circuit should be tested with a voltage meter to verify this before replacing it. If you have one and plan on diagnosing this I can tell you what to test. If not then start with the switch. If you need more help let me know.