Fixitman
Fixitman, Technician /Advisor
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Auto/Diesel Technology,
1627031

My check engine light started flashing in my 02 Honda

Customer Question

my check engine light started flashing in my 02 Honda odyssey
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It's not running rough or anything. it has a previous vacuum leak but no other issues. Just started flashing today.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics for Honda generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Fixitman replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. A flashing check engine lights typically means that the engine has a misfire. If you do not feel anything then it may be something subtle like a worn spark plug. You need to start by having the computer scanned for codes to see which cylinder it is. Most auto parts stores will do this for free. If you have this done bring me the codes and I can tell you what is going on.