HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

Etienne, 2008 CRV drains battery around 7 days. Had Avital

Customer Question

Etienne, 2008 CRV drains battery around 7 days. Had Avital alarm installed and driver door lock actuator replaced under recall. Battery and alt OK fuse # ***** under hood "Backup"
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Alarm installer checked after disconnecting alarm and this fuse is causing higher drain than it should (after 20 mins) Is this something you can help resolve? would not like to go further if you need "hands-on" to troubleshoot.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics for Honda generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Are you saying that if I would need you to check things on your end to help me determine what the issue might be that you are unable to do these checks? I would like to know what exactly the parasitic draw is and then I would probably start asking you to unplug certain components to see if we could get the draw down. Are you unable to do this?